The workshop aims to help clubs, coaches and providers of sport understand how to support people with a learning disability to access sporting opportunities in an inclusive environment.
What does the workshop cover?
- What is a learning disability
- The issues and barriers people with a learning disability face when accessing sport
- Different ways of communicating with people with a learning disability
- Different ways of including people with a learning disability in sport
- How to promote sport to people with a learning disability
- Different pathways and opportunities available in learning disability sport
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is aimed at anyone who wants to know more about learning disability and sport; whether that is professional sports staff, coaches, volunteers, students or leisure centre staff.
Feedback from previous workshop attendees
- 100% of attendees would recommend the workshop to a colleague
- 98% of attendees have a better understanding of learning disability and the barriers when accessing sport & physical activity
- 97% of attendees feel that they are empowered to work with people with a learning disability.
A good workshop that covered valuable points to increase my knowledge and confidence when working with people with a learning disability. A great insight into the difficulties faced by people with a learning disability and ways in which to overcome these barriers."
3 hour workshop
A minimum of 15 and maximum of 25 attendees.
A classroom big enough to cater for the attendees, a projector and a flipchart.
£400 includes tutor costs and 15 resource books. Additional resource books cost £10 each. VAT not included.
How to book
Contact us with 2 provisional dates and a venue location at least 1 month in advance. We will then source a tutor and confirm the workshop. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.