Our vision is for the UK to be the best place in the world for people with a learning disability to live happy and healthy lives.
There is still so much to do so that people with a learning disability have the same rights as everyone else and are treated equally in society.
Mencap is going to be working in a different way to help people with a learning disability to make this happen.
Who we will work alongside
We want to see big changes in society – and we know we cannot achieve this alone. We plan to work with other people and organisations in three ways:
- with individuals: listening to people with a learning disability to support them to fight for their rights and to realise their hopes and dreams.
- with communities: supporting them in any way we can to build their own capabilities to find local solutions.
- with society: campaigning alongside people with a learning disability to make society fairer and to ensure their voices are heard.
- We are passionate about making the world a better place
- We are inclusive of everyone
- We are brave we challenge and try new things
- We are positive in our work and with each other
- We are kind to everyone