The workshop aims to help clubs, coaches and providers of sport understand how to support people with a learning disability A learning disability is to do with the way someone's brain works. It makes it harder for someone to learn, understand or do things. to access sporting opportunities in an inclusive environment.
Take a look at the information below and the workshop information pack (PDF) to find out more.
What the workshop covers
- What a learning disability is.
- The issues and barriers people with a learning disability face when accessing sport.
- Different ways of communicating with people with a learning disability.
- Different ways of including people with a learning disability in sport.
- How to promote sport to people with a learning disability.
- Different pathways and opportunities available in learning disability sport.
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is aimed at anyone who wants to know more about learning disability and sport; whether that is professional sports staff, coaches, volunteers, students or leisure Leisure is when you have time to do things you enjoy like playing sports or going to the pub. centre staff.
Feedback from previous workshop attendees
- 100% of attendees would recommend the workshop to a colleague.
- 98% of attendees have a better understanding of learning disability and the barriers when accessing sport & physical activity.
- 97% of attendees feel that they are empowered to work with people with a learning disability.
A good workshop that covered valuable points to increase my knowledge and confidence when working with people with a learning disability. A great insight into the difficulties faced by people with a learning disability and ways in which to overcome these barriers.
3 hour workshop
A minimum of 15 and maximum Maximum means the highest amount, or greatest value that something can be. of 25 attendees.
A classroom big enough to cater for the attendees, a projector and a flipchart.
£400 includes tutor costs and 15 resource books.
VAT VAT is also called Value Added Tax Tax is the money that pays for things like schools, hospitals and the police. There are different types of taxes like income tax Income tax is the money that is taken out of the money you earn every month. It helps to pay for things we all need like hospitals and schools. , VAT and council tax Council Tax is the money that people pay to the council. It helps to pay for things like social care (support for people), parks and dustbin collection. . . VAT is the extra money you pay when you buy things. The money goes to the government The Government are the people who run the country. The Government decide how much tax people should pay and how things like the National Health Service (NHS) should work. to pay for things like schools and hospitals. not included.
How to book
Email us at email@example.com with 2 provisional dates and a venue location at least 1 month in advance.
We will then source a tutor and confirm the workshop.