Who are Network Partners?
In addition to Mencap, there are hundreds of organisations working with us in communities across England, Wales and Northern Ireland, to respond to the local needs of people with a learning disability A learning disability is to do with the way someone's brain works. It makes it harder for someone to learn, understand or do things. and their families.
We call these local groups Network Partners as they are affiliated with Mencap.
As they are affiliated they are all run independently under the Mencap name and they all offer a variety of information, advice and support to people with a learning disability.
Some share our name as a local Mencap group and may also share our Mencap brand. All Network Partners share our values Values are the things that are important to you. Mencap's values are being passionate, inclusive, brave, positive, and kind. while operating as independent charities with their own governance and strategy A strategy is a plan to show what an organisation, or a person, wants to do and how they are going to do it. .
These Partners form a diverse network of like-minded groups and organisations - both national and local - from large-scale service A service gives people what they need, like healthcare services that help people when they are ill, and support services that give people support. providers, to small social groups who organise sport activities over the weekends.
All share the same aim - to improve the lives of people with a learning disability and to increase the opportunities available to them in their local areas.
If you are looking for advice, support, leisure Leisure is when you have time to do things you enjoy like playing sports or going to the pub. groups or other learning disability services, search our database to find a Network Partner near you.
Join the Mencap Network
If your group or organisation supports people with a learning disability on a local or national level, then why not express your interest to join the Network?
You'll be able to collaborate with like-minded groups and organisations who work on local and/or national levels to bring about change for people with a learning disability.
The benefits of becoming a Network Partner
As a valued Network Partner you would gain access to:
- our online community A community is the people and places in an area. , called Your Network online, where you can connect with other like-minded groups and organisations
- resources shared by Mencap and other Network Partners
- networking events which are opportunities to connect and collaborate with other Network Partners
- workshops and seminars
- regular e-newsletters and communications
- telephone and email support from our dedicated membership team in relation to queries about your Network Partner group
- opportunities to collaborate
- exclusive offers and discounts
- the option to use Mencap branding - use is subject to a license agreement
- opportunities to promote your organisation, services and activities on Your Network online.
You can check Network Partners individual charity status below: