Skip to main content
Smiling woman stood in kitchen holding placemats.

Health - FAQs

Read the answers to some of your frequently asked questions about health.

Healthcare is a very important topic for people with a learning disability , as it is for the rest of the population.

But on average in the UK, people with a learning disability experience poorer health and healthcare than the rest of the general population.

Read the answers to your frequently asked questions below, or alternatively get in touch with our helpline if you have any further queries. 

A woman in a walking frame being helped by a nurse

Treat Me Well

Treat Me Well is our campaign to transform how the NHS treats people with a learning disability in hospital. 

We know the treatment people with a learning disability get in hospital is still not good enough in many parts of the country. This has to change. 

Find out more

How to get the support you need

Phone or email our Learning Disability Helpline team for guidance and information about what support we can offer you.

Or why not take a look at our online community? This is a place for parents and family carers of people with a learning disability to share experiences, advice and support.

You might also like

How helpful is this page?