Notice for complainants
This is our new, updated privacy notice for complainants, which was last updated on 11 November 2020.
At Mencap, we are committed to respecting your privacy and protecting your personal information.
Thank you for submitting your feedback to enable us to improve our services.
Within this context and with your consent, we need personal information such as your name, location, and contact details so that we can:
- get in touch with you
- direct your feedback to the most appropriate team
- analyse complaints to improve our services as per legitimate interests.
We may also share your complaint on an anonymous basis with the relevant regulators, local authority and Ombudsman’ services.
We will keep your information securely for 7 years.
You have the right to:
- revoke your consent at any time
- access the data we hold about you. You can do this by completing our request form and you will need one piece of ID to complete the form.
- have your data erased from our systems
- data portability
- restrict or object to the use of the data.