The London Marathon is one of the most popular marathons in the world. The route takes in many of London's best landmarks including Buckingham Palace, The Cutty Sark, Tower Bridge and Canary Wharf.
Most people apply to get in through the ballot. Every year a new record number apply, with over 500,000 entering the ballot for the 2024 London Marathon. The ballot is completely random, and around 17,000 people get in, which makes it competitive to get a place.
If you missed out in the ballot, we have good news for you!
Mencap has charity places available, and we want you on our team!
By joining Team Mencap and you’ll be helping raise money so Mencap can provide support for people with a learning disability A learning disability is to do with the way someone's brain works. It makes it harder for someone to learn, understand or do things. in the UK.
Each place has a registration fee of £100 and we ask that every runner works toward a fundraising target of £2,500.
We will support you during your training with everything you need to reach your fundraising target.
- Monthly virtual training webinars with a qualified running coach.
- Training plans to suit your level, from beginner to veteran.
- A branded Mencap running vest and fundraising materials to help you hit your targets.
- Private WhatsApp and Facebook groups full of support and advice from fellow runners.
- A post-race reception to celebrate your amazing achievement with family and friends, featuring delicious food and a complimentary massage.