We've created some guides to help you keep safe and well during the coronavirus outbreak. The guides are accessible for people with a learning disability to use and are easy read format.
Take a look at the headings below and see the links to relevant guides underneath.
We've created some letters for you or your support worker to use to contact your local supermarket and find out when their priority shopping hours are, and if they can provide support with your shopping:
List of supermarket details
You can check for the latest information and find contact details for the major UK supermarkets on their websites.
Marks and Spencer: www.marksandspencer.com
To try and prioritise vulnerable customers for home delivery, Sainsburys has a vulnerable persons careline: 0800 052 5500. (There may be long call wait times.)
Caring for a person with a learning disability
We've created answers to some frequently asked questions around coronavirus for people who care for a person with a learning disability (including support workers and family carers).
Keeping clean and handwashing
How to wash your hands thoroughly
Follow these steps when you wash your hands:
- Wet your hands under warm running water
- Apply a small amount of soap
- Rub your hands together and make sure that the soap and water cover all over your hands
- Carefully wash your palms, the backs of your hands, your fingertips, thumbs, your wrists and nails
- Rinse your hands under running water
- Dry your hands thoroughly.