This is a recipe for Pound Cake from a Community Interest Company called Turning Heads.
This recipe will make a cake which you can cut into 8 slices.
You will need:
- 200 grams unsalted butter
- 200 grams caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 200 grams self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 125 grams icing sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons water
You will also need:
- a large mixing bowl
- a wooden spoon
- an electric whisk
- a loaf tin
- a small bowl
- non-stick baking paper
How to make your pound cake:
1. Turn the oven on to 200°C, 180°C if you have a fan oven, or gas mark 6.
2. Cut the non-stick baking paper so that it covers the inside (sides and bottom) of your loaf tin.
3. Put the butter, caster sugar, flour, baking powder, milk and vanilla essence into your mixing bowl.
4. Break the eggs and add them to the mixing bowl.
5. Use the wooden spoon to stir everything together in your mixing bowl.
6. Use the whisk to finish mixing everything in your mixing bowl until it is smooth.
7. Pour the mixture into the loaf tin. You might want to use a spoon to get all of the mixture out of the bowl.
8. Use the back of your wooden spoon to smooth the top of the mixture in your loaf tin.
9. Put the loaf tin in the oven for about 40-45 minutes until the cake is cooked.
10. When the cake is cool, take it out of the tin and make the icing.
11. Put the icing sugar and 2 tablespoons of water in a small bowl and mix with a spoon.
12. If the icing is very thick, add a little more water and stir again.
13. Spoon the icing over the top of your cake and let it drip down over the sides.
Turning Heads have made a video to go with this recipe. Watch the Turning Heads pound cake video on YouTube.