What is the local offer?

Every council must have a Local Offer of support that it expects to be available in the local area for children and young people with special educational needs and disability (SEND).

Find your local offer

The local offer will be available on the council’s website – if you are unsure, you can find your local council here.

What will the local offer include?

The Local Offer should have information about the following types of support for children and young people with SEND:

  • education support, including nurseries, schools and colleges
  • health support, including therapies available to a child or young person
  • social care support, including short breaks
  • support to help young people to live independently
  • support to help young people to find employment opportunities
  • support to help young people find suitable accommodation.

All councils must let you give feedback about your local offer. They also have to show how they plan to resolve any things you've raised.

You might also like

SEN Support

SEN Support is what schools and similar settings use to find and meet the needs of children with special educational needs (SEN).
Read more about SEN Support

SEND system

Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) System
Read more about SEND system

The Care Act

The Care Act 2014 is the law covering social care (care and support), bringing together many existing laws and creating some new important rights
Read more about The Care Act