Mencap is working to make sure that people with a learning disability and their families and carers are valued, treated equally and protected.
Please tell us what life is like for you.
For example you could tell us what is working well for you, or what is not working well for you. You could tell us about something that has happened to you or what needs to change to make life better for you.
How to tell us your story
- Fill in an online form
- Email email@example.com
- Download an easy read form and post it to us.
Read our easy read guidance leaflet for further information about telling us your story.
Questions to get you started
- Have you ever been bullied, harassed or picked on?
- Have you ever been treated badly or ignored by your GP or hospital staff because you had a learning disability?
- Have any of your services or support been taken away even though you need it?
- Do you have a story to tell about how someone or something has changed your life for the better?
Every story is stored on a secure database and we will always check with you before we use your story.
We can use stories to support campaigns, to strengthen media stories, to lobby in parliament and to raise funds to continue supporting people with a learning disability.
These are some examples of stories that people have sent in:
Keith has a learning disability. When he moved into his new flat he was often shouted at, kicked and punched by his neighbours. It got so bad that Keith lived on the streets for two years.
Mencap Cymru, in partnership with the University of Wales in Bangor, ran a project to find out more about the support available to parents after the loss of a child with a learning disability. Many parents shared their stories.
Luke has gained a lot from volunteering with Mencap. He uses a computer and has learnt research and IT skills.