We are the UK's leading learning disability organisation, working for over 60 years with people with a learning disability, their families and carers.
With more than 6000 staff, we learn and develop good practice in all areas of learning disability. We work in partnership with many others to provide innovative and high quality services, advice and support.
- We believe in being people centred - empowering, including and respecting all people with a learning disability.
- We develop accessible guides and communication tools so that the people we work with and campaign for, can make real and informed choices about their own lives.
- Through our campaigning work and delivery of tailored services, we support the move towards personalisation so that people can get the support they need in the way they want it.
- We also work in specialist fields including supporting people with profound and multiple learning disabilities, learning disability and mental health, general health and conditions associated with ageing. Each field requires specialist knowledge and training.
- We understand the importance of staff training and skills development to ensure all our services support people with a learning disability at each stage of their lives.