The Job club is another employment service offered by Mencap in Northern Ireland. It is a programme that can last up to two years.
It is currently provided in partnership with some further education colleges, and offers a variety of activities.
These can include some or all of the following depending on the individual's needs and the funding available:
- marketing and recruitment of trainees to programme
- accessible information for the trainee and their families about further education, social benefits and travel
- a link between the family and the college
- identifying the trainee's skills and their ability to work
- individual workplace and training support
- drawing up a vocational profile with the trainee (a personal record of the trainee's experiences, achievements, personal circumstances and goals for work in the future)
- supporting the trainee to make informed choices about work
- job search
- interview techniques
- providing workplace training
- supporting work placements / job sampling
- employer and college support
- disability awareness training
- route planning (travel support)
- accredited learning opportunities
- supporting the trainee's progression from college into employment
Who to contact
For more information on Job clubs, please contact your local office on the contact us page.