- Events calendar
- Running events
- Why run for Mencap?
- Running FAQs
- Running event reports
- Other runs for Mencap
- Register your interest
- Cycling events
- Extreme events
- Why join Mencap's extreme team?
- Other extreme races for Mencap
- Extreme events FAQs
- Extreme event itineraries
- Extreme event reports
- Gobi March 2012
- Marathon des Sables report 2012
- Marathon des Sables report 2011
- Atlantic Coast Challenge 2010
- Gobi March 2010
- Marathon des Sables report 2010
- Jurassic Coast Challenge report 2010
- Atacama Crossing 2010
- Himalayan race report 2009
- Jungle Marathon 2009
- Atlantic Coast Challenge
- North Pole marathon 2009
- Marathon des Sables report 2009
- Challenge events
- Social events
- Organise an event
- Raising sponsorship money
- Fundraising for Mencap
- A message to Mencap's 2014 London Marathon runners
- Dave's first marathon
- Duck and diving for Dodgeball
- Giving back to Mencap
- Gordon's marathon tips
- My biggest running challenge is to support Mencap
- Rocking the decks for Mencap dodgeball
- Running a half marathon for Mencap
- Running the marathon in tribute to our aunties
- Sara's marathon story
- The Neill family marathon runners
- Women on a mission
This five stage race over eight days covers a distance of 160km through jungle, forest and small villages, not to mention the spectacular views of Mount Everest. It includes the Mount Everest marathon, described by Runner’sWorld as "the world's most beautiful marathon".
Walk it or run it, you can marvel at the breathtaking views while supporting our work with people with a learning disability.
How to take part
To take part please register with the race organisers, Himalayan Run and Trek Pvt Ltd to secure your place and then email or call us to let us know you wish to join Mencap's extreme team.
You will then receive:
- fundraising support
- training support
- the benefit of being part of Mencap's extreme team
- an adventure top/vestbefore the race.
There is no minimum sponsorship target.
You can raise as much as you want and we can offer you a 40% refund of any amount you raise to cover your entry costs.
If you would like more information about this or any of Mencap's other events, please contact:
Mencap's events team
Telephone: 020 7696 6946