You can take part in any race of your choice and still run for Mencap!
All you have to do is secure your place in that race and call or email us to let us know your plans. There is no minimum sponsorship target and we will support you in the same way we support our other runners. You will get a Mencap top, lots of encouragement and fundraising support from our dedicated team.
A few popular races
If the Marathon des Sables or North Pole Marathon are not your cup of tea, why not try:
- The Comrades marathon: a challenging ultra marathon crossing the ‘big five' hills in South Africa. To find out more visit the Comrades website.
- The Ultra Trail Tour du Mont Blanc: a tough multi-stage endurance race covering French, Italian and Swiss territory. To find out more visit the Ultra Trail website.
- La Trans Aq' Ultra Trail: set up along similar lines as the Marathon des Sables, this stage self-sufficient race covers 230km over 6 days along the French coastline. To find out more visit La Trans Aq website.
- Namibia 24 hour ultra marathon: race across the Namibian desert in this ultra marathon.The self-sufficient, six-stage endurance race takes place over 24 hours and covers a distance of 120km. To register visit the Across the Divide website.
- IronMan: if you fancy taking on a triathlon, IronMan is a classic rite of passage and takes place in various locations across the world, from Dorset to Hawaii. To find out more visit the UK Ironman website.
Ready? Here's what to do next...
- Contact the organiser of the event you wish to take part in
- Secure your place and keep the receipts
- Let us know you have a place and wish to run for us and we will support you with your training and fundraising
Do it for free!
To cover your costs, we can offer you a refund of up to 40% of the amount you raise - which means that you can take part in the adventure of a lifetime for free and still help people with a learning disability.
There's more to life than running...
Yes - there's cycling, climbing, skiing, swimming the channel, rowing across the Atlantic... You name it. We can help you make it happen!
There's a first time for everything...
Visit our running section to find out about our other races from 10km to the world famous London and New York marathons.
To find out more please contact:
Mencap events team
Telephone: 020 7696 6946
Be the first to know - join the Mencap events mailing list. Send your contact details to email@example.com with 'mailing list' as the subject.