20 - 27 November 2011
Participants will set off from Amman along the ‘Desert Castle Loop'. You will continue to Madaba and Mount Nebo, the most holy place in Jordan. Witness breathtaking views across the Jordan Valley to the domes and spires of Jerusalem. before floating in the Dead Sea. Camp out under the stars in a beautiful nature reserve and finish at the famous Rose Red City of Petra, a dramatic 2000 year old city hewn out of sandstone cliffs.
- Day 1: Fly London - Amman.
- Day 2: Ride the ‘Desert Castle Loop' to Azrak - 63km.
- Day 3: Cycle from the desert through more fertile plains to Jiza - 101km.
- Day 4: To Madaba, Mount Nebo where tradition has it God showed Moses the Promised Land, and the Dead Sea - 66km.
- Day 5: Continue south with views of the Massada Fortress in Israel and the Edom mountains. A tough climb to Crusader Castle of Kerak. Camp in Dana Nature Reserve - 84km.
- Day 6: A spectacular end to this fascinating ride - the mysterious Nabatean capital of Petra - 70km.
- Day 7: Free day to explore Petra or optional tour to Wadi Rum.
- Day 8: Fly Amman - London.