It is vital that the families of all children with a learning disability have access to high-quality information and services as early as possible.
There are 200 children born with a learning disability each week. Mencap believes that:
- each of these children has the right to a good start in life
- no family should have to fight for essential help - early support is vital
- all parents should receive information about therapy, childcare and early education so they can make a choice about what is best for their child and their family.
What we are doing
- We are campaigning for better access to therapy for young children with a learning disability.
- We are asking every council what they are doing to make sure there is enough childcare for disabled children.