Choose your distance - take on a 5km or 10km route around the largest urban park in Europe.
Aim for a personal best or take your time, either way, by tying your laces and clocking up the kilometres for Mencap, you're helping people with a learning disability live the life they choose. Your entry fee covers the cost of organising the event, it's the money you raise that improves lives and fights for a future where everyone is valued equally, listened to and included.
The routes are suitable for all ages and fitness levels to run, jog or walk.
If you have a disability your supporter can run with you for free, and there are wheelchair places available too.
Do you have kids? Enjoy the family friendly 1km run together first - email us to sign them up for £5!
Being part of #TeamMencap, you'll receive:
- top-notch fundraising support
- regular updates about the run and Mencap
- training guidance for all levels
- a bright Mencap t-shirt to run in and keep as a souvenir
- a baggage zone to store your belongings
- chip timing so you can see how well you've done
- full route signage and marshalling
- medical support throughout the event
- big cheers to encourage you on race day
- water stations
- a glossy medal to add to your collection
- a photographer to capture all the fun!
Details of the day
Date: Sunday 12 May 2019.
- Registration: From 8:30am (for runners signing up on the day or collecting running numbers/timing chips)
- 1km start time: 9:30am
- 5km and 10km start time: 10:30am (warm up from 10am).
Where: Start and finish at Heaton Park Hall.
Get behind the scenes updates and ask questions on the Run Heaton Park Facebook page.
Adult entry to the 10km or 5km run is just £10. Secure your place at Run Heaton Park 2019 by completing this online form.
Children (aged 11 and under) can sign up for the 5km or 1km route for just £5. Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult for the duration of the run.
To book a place for a child, or if you're an adult and would like to take park in the 1km race, please contact us on 0207 696 6946 or email@example.com.
If you have a disability your support worker can run with you for free. Call or email us to arrange, or to discuss any access requirements.
We ask that each participant tries their best to raise £100 in order to help us support people with a learning disability live the life they choose.
With the dedicated support of our Events Team, you'll fly over the fundraising finish line in no time!
For more information, please contact the Events Team:
- phone: 020 7696 6946
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You want to join #TeamMencap at Run Heaton Park on 12 May 2019? Great!Sign up here