Love cycling and stunning scenery? Then we've got the perfect event for you.
There are 2 distances for you to choose from:
- a 100km off-road bike ride from vibrant Manchester to the bright lights of Blackpool
- a 50km ride, also starting in Manchester to the beautiful Cuerden Valley Park in Preston.
With this choice of challenges there's something for cyclists of all levels!
You'll follow the river and traffic free cycle paths, including the Irwell Sculpture Trail as well as the region's stunning country parks, before the 100km riders hit the Fylde Coast for the final stretch. As you reach the finish line we promise you will feel a huge sense of pride and joy.
There are many people with a learning disability who have personal goals and destinations they want to reach in their lives too. Take part in this thrilling event and you could help them get there.
What support you'll receive
#TeamMencap will provide you with everything you need to ride to success.
We'll keep you well-fuelled with water and refreshment stops throughout the route, as well as at the end.
Sign up to this challenge now and you'll get:
- a fully signed and marshalled route
- mechanical support throughout the ride
- a PDF route map
- a downloadable GPX file of the route
- training guides and top fundraising support
- a shiny medal to mark your achievement (when you've finished, of course) - show it off and be proud!
How to register
Sign up now for just £30!
This includes the registration fee, refreshments and a big celebratory finish.
Hurry - places are limited so don't delay, sign up today!
Take a look at the route
Please be aware that this route may be subject to change.
Find out more
If you'd like more information about Pedal to the Pier or any other Mencap events, contact Amy Williams:
- phone 020 7696 6949
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up for Pedal to the Pier 2017
So you want to take part in Pedal to the Pier? That's great!Sign up now