Come and be part of the global network for Inclusion.
Join us for Inclusion International’s 17th World Congress in Birmingham on 30 May - 1 June 2018.
The World Congress will bring together people and organisations from all over the world to learn from and inspire each other. Together we will lead the way in making inclusion a reality for people with intellectual disabilities and their families.
What is the World Congress?
- learn and share experiences from around the world about issues and challenges faced by people with intellectual disabilities and their families as well as strategies that have been successful in achieving achieve change
- inspire and be inspired by successes and innovations for inclusive practices
- lead the way as a global movement in promoting inclusive communities.
Twelve years ago, the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities was adopted. In 2015, the world adopted the Sustainable Development Goals. Now, we are closer than ever to achieving our vision of inclusive communities worldwide.
Together, we're a global network entering a new era of action for inclusion. World Congress 2018 is a chance for us to learn, inspire and share experiences on issues that matter to us.
The World Congress programme will provide opportunities for families and self-advocates to build up their leadership skills and networks. Sessions and networking opportunities will be around topics such as:
- supporting and enabling self-advocacy
- support to families
- inclusive education: teacher training and inclusion resources
- employment and livelihoods: strategies for inclusion in the labour market
- housing: strategies for inclusion in the community
- access to justice and prevention of violence against people with disabilities
- closing institutions and providing care in the community
- supported decision-making.
A full programme will be announced nearer the event, including speakers and workshops - stay tuned!
Never miss an announcement
Be the first to know when tickets go on sale and speakers are announced - sign up to email updates from Inclusion International.Get World Congress updates
Who is the event for?
Anyone who has an interest in inclusion or works for an inclusive organisation is welcome, including:
- Inclusion International members
- partner organisations, NGOs and funders
- people with intellectual disabilities and their families
- anyone interested in inclusion
Interested in World Congress?
That’s great! Never miss an announcement about ticket sales, speakers and workshops. Enter your details below and get email updates about World Congress from Inclusion International.
Tickets are not yet on sale. You can express interest in the event and receive email updates as soon as tickets are available. We'll also send you announcements of speakers and workshops.
The International Convention Centre
Got a question? Get in touch with us at email@example.com
Founded in 1960 Inclusion International has evolved into a dynamic and very active international community of 200 member federations in 115 countries throughout the Middle East and North Africa, Europe, Africa, the Americas, and Asia Pacific.
Inclusion International, its members and regional networks have the expertise and knowledge to ensure that the voices of people with intellectual disabilities and their families are heard and included.
Welcome to Birmingham, one of Europe's most culturally diverse cities. Centrally located in the UK, with great transport links, we think it's the perfect place to host the 17th World Congress. And we hope you love exploring as much as we have!
If you like art, Birmingham’s Museum and Art Gallery houses the world’s largest Pre-Raphaelite collection. Like nature? Explore the network of canals and Dudley Zoological Gardens. Get a taste of the city’s street food scene with dishes from over 27 nationalities. Discover the iconic Jewellery Quarter, and if you have a sweet tooth, Cadbury World may tempt you. With so much to see and do, there's just one problem: how will you fit it all in?!