Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included. Our challenge, alongside people with a learning disability and their families, is to make this world a reality.
Right now, people with a learning disability face inequalities in every area of life. We need to tackle the issues head on through tireless campaigning and the delivery of high quality support and services to the people who need us.
Mencap’s mission is to transform society’s attitudes to learning disability and improve the quality of life of people with a learning disability and their families.
Our big plan is divided into 6 priorities. These are the areas of life we want to have the biggest impact on, the areas where there is the most need to see change for the better. They are:
- reducing stigma and discrimination
- early intervention
- making a difference, here and now
- supporting friendships and relationships
- improving health
- We are passionate about making the world a better place
- We are inclusive of everyone
- We are brave we challenge and try new things
- We are positive in our work and with each other
- We are kind to everyone