Easy read guides to help you stay safe and well
Take a look at the headings below and the links to easy read guides underneath.
What should I do if I have coronavirus
There are different rules for wearing face coverings depending on where you are.
We have created this PDF easy read guide on face coverings rules for people living in England. (Please see separate guidance for people in Northern Ireland and Wales.)
Some people do not have to wear a face covering
Some people do not have to wear face coverings.(For example; because you have a disability that means you cannot put on, wear or remove a face covering, or because it causes severe distress).
If you do not have to wear a face covering, there are cards (sometimes called "exemption cards") that you can take with you when you go out to help explain why, if someone asks you in public. The cards can also be used to ask someone else to remove their face mask or covering so you can understand them better.
Please use these cards if you need them:
Keeping clean and handwashing
Care homes and supported living
See our easy read guide to Covid passes here
How to wash your hands thoroughly
Follow these steps when you wash your hands:
- Wet your hands under warm running water
- Apply a small amount of soap
- Rub your hands together and make sure that the soap and water cover all over your hands
- Carefully wash your palms, the backs of your hands, your fingertips, thumbs, your wrists and nails
- Rinse your hands under running water
- Dry your hands thoroughly.