The statement contains six sections:
1. general information about your child
2. a description of your child's needs following the assessment
3. a description of all the special support to be provided for your child's needs.
4. details of the school your child should go to and what type of school it is – this will be left blank by the local authority on the draft statement for you to fill in
5. a description of any non-educational needs your child has, for example transport, social care needs or health needs
6. any help for meeting your child's non-educational needs
Your local authority should also attach all the advice they have received about your child, as well as details about naming a school and advice on how to appeal against the contents of the statement.