Appealing can also be a very stressful process and there are tight deadlines, so it's a good idea to seek professional advice at this point. The Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal have useful information on the appeal process, or you can contact the parent partnership service or a specialist voluntary organisation.
Visit the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal website for information on making an appeal or call the SEN helpline on 0870 241 2555 in England or 01597 829 800 in Wales.
- Visit the IPSEA website or contact their helpline on 0800 018 4016.
- Contact the Advisory Centre for Education (ACE) website for free education advice or call them on 020 7704 3370.
- Contact the Children's Legal Centre website for legal advice or call them on 01206 872 466.
- If you are in Wales, you can visit the Snap website or call them on 0845 120 3730
- If you are in Northern Ireland you can get support during the appeal process from SENAC, the special educational needs advice centre, by calling 028 9079 5779 Monday to Wednesday or 029 9070 5654 Wednesday to Friday.