Appealing can be a very stressful process and if your child has a statement there are tight deadlines, so it's a good idea to seek professional advice at this point.
The Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal have useful information on the appeal process, or you can contact the parent partnership service or a specialist voluntary organisation.
- Visit the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal website for information on making an appeal or call the SEN helpline on 0870 241 2555 in England or 01597 829 800 in Wales.
- Visit the IPSEA website or contact their helpline on 0800 018 4016.
- Contact ACE Education for free advice on education or call the helpline on 0300 0115 142
- Contact the Children's Legal Centre for legal advice and information on policies affecting children and young people or call them on 01206 872 466.
- If you are in Wales you can get support from Snap. For more information, visit the Snap Cymru website or call 0845 120 3730.
- If you are in Northern Ireland you can get support from SENAC, the special educational needs advice centre, by calling 028 9079 5779 Monday to Wednesday or 029 9070 5654 Wednesday to Friday.