Helping young people reach their goals.
Mencap’s personal support service is focussed on each person’s living requirements. This includes support to live independently, shared living with friends, overnight support and emergency support. This service can also support parents and carers.
What support can people get?
- care and support at home
- support with daily living, such as washing and ironing
- help with shopping and budgeting
- personal care and independence
- assistance with medication and support with managing health
- help with creating individual person centred plans
Our services can be offered as an overnight support service. Emergency support is also available.
The following PDFs are available to download, containing further information about Mencap’s personal support services:
Who to contact
To find out more about personal support and personal support workers, please contact Mencap Direct on 0808 808 1111.
A Mencap personal support worker is someone who, although employed and managed by Mencap, works with an individual as a ‘personal assistant’ to support them with a range of support and care activities.