Our personal support service provides the day-to-day assistance that people need to live their lives the way they choose.
Who is personal support for?
Support is available to people with a learning disability living in the family home.
How can we support you?
We offer a range of support based on individual needs and aspirations. This can include support with:
- household tasks
- personal care
- taking medication
- accessing college courses
- travel training
- building links with friends, family and the community
- social and leisure activities
- making healthy lifestyle choices
When is personal support available?
Our flexible support is available from just a couple of hours a week to 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Where is personal support available?
We can provide support in the family home or in the community. We offer this service across England and Wales. Visit our search page to see if this service is available in your area.
How can you access personal support?
You can access personal support using your personal budget or other form of direct payment, by paying with private funds, or with funding directly from your local authority.
- Watch a video about Mencap's support service.
- Download our leflet: About personal support
- Download the easy read version of our leaflet: About personal support’ (easy read version)
A Mencap personal support worker is someone who, although employed and managed by Mencap, works with an individual as a ‘personal assistant’ to support them with a range of support and care activities.