- Events calendar
- Running events
- Why run for Mencap?
- Running FAQs
- Running event reports
- Other runs for Mencap
- Register your interest
- Cycling events
- Extreme events
- Why join Mencap's extreme team?
- Other extreme races for Mencap
- Extreme events FAQs
- Extreme event itineraries
- Extreme event reports
- Gobi March 2012
- Marathon des Sables report 2012
- Marathon des Sables report 2011
- Atlantic Coast Challenge 2010
- Gobi March 2010
- Marathon des Sables report 2010
- Jurassic Coast Challenge report 2010
- Atacama Crossing 2010
- Himalayan race report 2009
- Jungle Marathon 2009
- Atlantic Coast Challenge
- North Pole marathon 2009
- Marathon des Sables report 2009
- Challenge events
- Social events
- Organise an event
- Raising sponsorship money
- Fundraising for Mencap
- A message to Mencap's 2014 London Marathon runners
- Dave's first marathon
- Duck and diving for Dodgeball
- Giving back to Mencap
- Gordon's marathon tips
- My biggest running challenge is to support Mencap
- Rocking the decks for Mencap dodgeball
- Running the marathon in tribute to our aunties
- Sara's marathon story
- The Neill family marathon runners
- Women on a mission
Location: Wollaton Park Nottingham United Kingdom
Join in with the winter wonderland fun and 400 Santas for this Santa Dash. Our friends at The Co-operative will be joining in on the day and hoping to beat their national target of £5 million for the Inspire Me project.
The Mencap regional fundraising team raise much needed funds for Mencap, the voice of learning disability.
This is a 5km run which you can also walk in under two hours.
Marie Brown, senior regional fundraising manager from Mencap, says:
It's a 5km run, which, if, like me, you can't run a bath without getting out of breath, you might like to walk in under two hours - a great way to spend a chilly Sunday morning in the wonderful Wollaton Park. You will be supporting babies, children and adults with a learning disability in the local area. It's the most fun I'll be having in my Santa suit this year I can tell you.
How to take part
Children under five are asked to make Christmas themed costumes so that they too can join in the fun and great prizes will be awarded.
Register online on DO IT for charity website, you can book online.
Contact Marie Brown for further advice on fundraising.
Tel: 07852 184543