Helping young people reach their goals.
How your money helps
Each year, we need £14 million to support thousands of people and their families. By making a donation today or taking part in an event, you can help Mencap to provide vital support and advice to meet people's needs.
Your donation can help us deal with real-life problems.
We help young people and adults with a learning disability to develop the skills they need to deal with a range of problems they face in their day-to-day lives.
By giving a gift today you can help people with a learning disability to have a real say.
Telling people what's important in your life can be hard if you have a learning disability. Our self-advocacy projects help people to say what they want and when they want it!
By making a regular monthly gift you can stop high levels of unemployment.
95% of people with a learning disability are unemployed, which can lead to a damaging cycle of low self-esteem and dependence on state benefits. We support people to move into paid employment, from finding the right opportunity to providing on-the-job support.
By leaving a gift to Mencap you can help us campaign for equal rights for people with a learning disability.
We are training people with a learning disability to campaign for themselves, in their local community and in the heart of government. We know they are best people to talk about the difficulties they encounter in their day-to-day lives.
- By taking part in an event you can challenge yourself, have fun, raise money and champion our cause.
What your support can achieve
£25 could help us to make the first visit to a family who have a newly-born child with a learning disability and desperately need advice and support.
- £50 could pay for two young people with a learning disability to take part in our Gateway Award programme for a year.
- £140 would enable us to respond to ten calls on our freephone Learning Disability Helpline and provide vital information and support to people with a learning disability and their families.
- £250 could pay for 16 children who cannot speak to attend a special workshop where they can learn Makaton sign language.
- £570 could pay for one of our 16-week courses for volunteers, to train them to provide advice and support to families who have a child with a learning disability.
- £2,000 could provide 250 families who have just found out their baby has a learning disability with an advice pack.