- Events calendar
- Running events
- Why run for Mencap?
- Running FAQs
- Running event reports
- Other runs for Mencap
- Register your interest
- Cycling events
- Extreme events
- Why join Mencap's extreme team?
- Other extreme races for Mencap
- Extreme events FAQs
- Extreme event itineraries
- Extreme event reports
- Gobi March 2012
- Marathon des Sables report 2012
- Marathon des Sables report 2011
- Atlantic Coast Challenge 2010
- Gobi March 2010
- Marathon des Sables report 2010
- Jurassic Coast Challenge report 2010
- Atacama Crossing 2010
- Himalayan race report 2009
- Jungle Marathon 2009
- Atlantic Coast Challenge
- North Pole marathon 2009
- Marathon des Sables report 2009
- Challenge events
- Social events
- Organise an event
- Raising sponsorship money
- Fundraising for Mencap
- A message to Mencap's 2014 London Marathon runners
- Dave's first marathon
- Duck and diving for Dodgeball
- Giving back to Mencap
- Gordon's marathon tips
- My biggest running challenge is to support Mencap
- Rocking the decks for Mencap dodgeball
- Running a half marathon for Mencap
- Running the marathon in tribute to our aunties
- Sara's marathon story
- The Neill family marathon runners
- Women on a mission
Location: United Kingdom
This race has developed into one of the biggest marathons in the world. You will start and finish in the wide spaces of Grant Park on the shores of Lake Michigan, where President Obama made his first speech after being elected as President.
The route takes in much of the shoreline and the downtown areas. You will pass by looming and distinctive skyscrapers, including the Sears Building on the Magnificent Mile. It is a very flat course with a final rise as you go over a highway towards the finish line.
We would love for you to run and represent Mencap on the international arena.
How to register
We are working with 2:09 Events on this amazing event. You can register and find information on travel packages on the 2:09 Events website.
Don't forget to say you are running for Mencap!
How much do I have to raise?
There is no minimum sponsorship level. We just ask you to raise as much as you can. However, as taking part in this incredible event can be expensive, we offer a refund policy to help cover the cost:
- If you raise £1,200 we will refund you £500
- If you raise £1,500 we will refund you £700
- If you raise £2,000 we will refund you £1,000
To register your interest, fill in your details on our online form and we will contact you with further information.
We look forward to welcoming you to the team!
Who to contact
Mencap's events team
020 7696 6929 or email@example.com