Developing ICT skills and networks of support.
Don't stick it, stop it!
When someone is bullied because of their disability it is called disabilist bullying - and it wrecks lives. We believe that children and adults must act now to stop disabilist bullying. Children with a learning disability are twice as likely to be bullied as other children, and three times more likely to be abused.
- all children and young people with a learning disability to feel safe wherever they are
- the government to take action to make sure disabled children keep safe
- all staff who work with children to know how to make sure disabled children keep safe.
What we are doing
- We are lobbying the government to make sure they have a national plan to make sure disabled children keep safe.
- We are calling on schools to record all incidents of disablist bullying.
- We are working with other organisations to raise awareness of how to keep disabled children safe
- Read our children and young people's charter 'We want to be safe'.
- Take a copy to your school, club or leisure centre and ask how they are making sure disabled children keep safe.
- You can also find out more about our Dont Stick it Stop it! campaign to stop bullying of children and young people.
Remember: if you are being bullied or hurt, there are people you can talk to. Contact Childline on 0800 1111 or call the Learning Disability Helpline on 0808 808 1111.
Tell us your story
Have you felt your child was unsafe in school, in their club or elsewhere? Tell us your story. Email the campaigns team on email@example.com