Helping young people reach their goals.
Don't cut us out!
Together we are fighting cuts to services that will affect the most vulnerable people in our society.
Mencap is challenging cuts to services, and fighting for the rights of people with a learning disability, and their families, to live in their community with dignity, safety and the support they need. Find out how you can get involved...
Together we are fighting cuts to services that will take much needed support away from people with a learning disability.
Local authorities are cutting services in a variety of ways:
- tightening eligibility criteria, so people with lower level needs lose their services
- introducing or increasing charges for services, e.g. transport to and from services
- closing day care centres without putting alternative services in place
- ending grants to services e.g. Saturday clubs or education and training programmes, which might then have to close
- giving personal budgets that cover a substantially less amount of support and care than traditional service provision.
Download our Face the facts dossier and find out how
to make your council face the facts and stop the cuts!
Do you have a learning disability, or care for someone who does? Are you worried about cuts to services?
Mencap is working with the Care and Support Alliance to tell the government that our care system is in crisis.
Find out about campaign wins for cuts including the DLA mobility component and the London Taxicard scheme.
Find out about the latest cuts campaigns in your area and get involved: